Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Week 3 - The HEAT! Holy CRAP the HEAT!

Ok, so I know it's only the beginning of Week 3 training, by HOLY HELL - (no pun intended) - IT IS FREAKING HOT.

took yesterday off, because, well, frankly it was sorely needed. So I needed to run today and decided to run in the morning when I first got to work with Gabrielse because it is supposed to be a hot and humid one today. So I'm thinking 8:30 should be FINE...

driving in, the car thermometer read 80. already. and did I mention it is humid? really, walk-outside-and-start-to-sweat-immediately, hair-frizzes-instantly kind of humid?

almost makes me long for the 105 degree heat of Phoenix. at least it was dry.

almost

so Gabrielse and I ran. 3 mi and change. half the run was in the shade of trees along Lyon. and STILL - HOT AS HELL.


sweating like it was raining.

you know it is bad when someone who saw me when we got back and then saw me again after I was cleaned up, upon asking how the run went, mentioned that "yeah, you sure were sweaty!".

uh...yeah. ITS FREAKING HOT MAN!

what worries me now?? Sat run. 10K goes off at 8:45. if today (and the rest of the week) is any indication, it's gonna be hot on Sat. And I have to run 6.2mi.

I might need an IV of Gatorade when I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. 7:30am this morning, the bank thermometer read 81 degrees and I was thinking "Oh, shit" to myself re: Saturday.

    This is why I ran inside on the treadmill today...

    ReplyDelete